Hey, Hi, Hello!
It’s about time to read some Android and Kotlin articles, right? Here are my favourite articles from this week 👇
If these links don't work in your email client, try reading this issue on my website.
1) Design of Kotlin Coroutines
2) Sharp Edges On Shared Flows And Hidden Coroutines
3) ViewLifecycleLazy and other ways to avoid View memory leaks in Android Fragments
1) Ever wondered how Coroutines work and behave inside and how is a Coroutine created? You can find that out in this article! The best thing is that examples are compared to the Kotlin Bytecode, so you could easily see what happens in JVM 🧐
2) Do you know how Channels and SharedFlows work in Kotlin Coroutines? Well, are you sure about that? The article bellow presents a “pretty darned useful snippet” that could easily trick your brain. See yourself and find out if you understand it 🤯
3) Have you ever seen or used a viewBinding delegate in your app to automatically clear the reference and prevent memory leaks? It turns out that it can be easily broken with a few edge cases. Once again we see a problem with Android lifecycle and how it can be tricked. Read below and find check out if you have the same problem in your app 😬
Thanks for reading, have a nice weekend and see you soon!
Would you like to ask me something? Feel free to write to me [email protected]. I will be happy to answer!
For previous issues, visit archive on my website.