Time for another batch of Android articles for this week. Here’s what I got for you 👇
If these links don't work in your email client, try reading this issue on my website.
1) Rethinking Android Runtime with Profile-Guided Optimizations
2) Exploring text on Canvas using drawText API in Jetpack Compose
3) A Foray into Relay
1) Are you using Baseline Profiles? I do. It noticeably increased the speed of my apps on release builds as well as on dev-debug builds. However, do you know how exactly they work, and are you sure that it’s a good idea to include them in all apps?
🔗 Rethinking Android Runtime with Profile-Guided Optimizations
2) A look into the new drawText API added to the Canvas in Jetpack Compose 1.3.0. Explore the new feature and check out the new possibilities to draw text just how you like it.
🔗 Exploring text on Canvas using drawText API in Jetpack Compose
3) Relay provides instant handoff of Android UI components between designers and developers, taking packaged components from Figma, and generating Android Compose code for your apps. This article explains what it’s all about.
Have a nice day 🤓
patrykkosieradzki.com | androiddevnews.com | androidtalks.com
If you’d like to read previous issues, please visit the archive on my website.