Hope you had a great week. Another portion of articles is here. Today’s topic is UI and Screenshot Testing 📸
If these links don't work in your email client, try reading this issue on my website.
1) Why go with Paparazzi? Our journey with Android Screenshot Testing
2) No emulator needed for screenshot tests of Compose @Previews on CI
3) My old article - “Easy UI And Screenshot Testing On Android”
4) Modern Testing on Android
1) Devs from Jobandtalent explain why and how they migrated from Shot to Paparazzi and what did they get out of it.
🔗 Why go with Paparazzi? Our journey with Android Screenshot Testing
2) Worried about long build times on CI due to UI / Screenshot tests? Here’s an article on how to run them as unit tests and capture all Composables marked as @Preview automatically.
🔗 No emulator needed for screenshot tests of Compose @Previews on CI
3) Wonder how Screenshot testing looked like before Compose, Paparazzi, and other cool libraries that made it so easy? Here’s one of my older articles that explained how to set it up manually 🤯
🔗 Easy UI And Screenshot Testing On Android
4) A Google’s talk from this year’s droidcon in Berlin, comparing popular regression and manual QA to more advanced testing strategies like UI tests, using fakes and automated screenshots.
That’s all for today. Be sure to recommend this newsletter to your friends if you like its content! 😄
patrykkosieradzki.com | androiddevnews.com | androidtalks.com
If you’d like to read previous issues, please visit the archive on my website.