High five! ✋
Time for another set of Android Dev News. Are you ready? Let’s go 😁
If these links don't work in your email client, try reading this issue on my website.
- 3rd and 4th episode of Architecture MAD Skills (Handling UI Events + The Domain Layer)
- Top 10 CI/CD Security Risks
- Stabilize, Modularize, Modernize: Scaling Slack’s Mobile Codebases
- Introducing Focus, a new open source Gradle plugin from Dropbox
1) Another two episodes about recommended app architecture guidelines are here. This time Google Dev team explains ways of handling UI Events and talks about the domain layer in your app.
While I don’t fully agree on how they handle UI Events, I think the second video about the domain layer is worth watching! How would I handle events then? Well, to be honest I think using Kotlin Channel and Flow to send and collect events is one of the simplest and clearest ways of doing that right now. For sure I’ll cover that in an article soon.
2) Remember OWASP Top 10 Mobile? Well, this one is also Top 10 but for.. CI/CD
Do you think your CI/CD pipelines are safe and sound? Better watch out for this risks!
3) Modularization and Modernization - these are the two main topic that Tracy Stampfli and Bryan Stern from Slack focus on in the second part of their article about Slack’s Mobile Codebase
4) Ryan Harter from Dropbox introduces the Focus Gradle Plugin, which evaluates your project configuration and creates a unique settings.gradle file for the module you want to focus on.
Thanks for reading folks, hope you liked it! 🙋♂️
See you next week,
For previous issues, visit archive on my website.