Are you ready for another round of Android news? This time it’ll be quick and only concrete info 😁
If these links don't work in your email client, try reading this issue on my website.
- CacheFlow - How to manage cache in your app easily?
- Smarter Shared Kotlin Flows
- Paparazzi with support for Composable snapshots
1) First of all, my small Android/Kotlin library I’ve been working on lately is out! It’s nothing special, but really helps with caching in your app. Check it out if you have a lot of cache in your apps and you want to speed up this process a little bit 😄
2) Really nice article about some drawbacks of Kotlin Flow when using it on Android as it is not lifecycle aware. Christophe gives us a quick and nice solution on how to skip additional work in your Flows by introducing a few new flow operators.
3) Testing is super important, but I don’t see a lot of people having snapshot tests in their app. I’ve had them in most of my projects, but every time I had to set them up manually and run on emulators. Paparazzi helps you solve this problem by allowing you to run your snapshot tests without the emulator! And now it also supports rendering composable functions!
As I said today was just a quick update, but I hope I gave you something interesting to read. See you later, happy coding! 😄
patrykkosieradzki.com | androiddevnews.com | androidtalks.com